Friday, December 12, 2014

Keeping Your Files Safe

     As a Photographer and Videographer, there is one problem that happens every month. Space. There are many methods to take care of the issue. First and foremost, I believe you should always keep everything backed up on an external hard drive. HDD's aren't as expensive as they used to be. You can get them pretty cheap now.

     However, this post is about online storage. I back all my photos up on a secure site, as well as on my external HDD. This site, to my advantage, also works as my own personal website. I use SmugMug. Now with SmugMug you do have to pay a monthly OR yearly fee. Monthly fees range from $5-$35 while the yearly fee ranges from $40-$300. Now unless you plan on owning a full out business, you will not need to spend $300. ALL plans have UNLIMITED storage. That's right, unlimited storage. There is no paying x amount of money for x amount of storage like most sites offer. If you are in need of online storage, here is a link for 20% off. https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=pJjRyFCtXbT2E.

     I would also like to remind you all that I am accepting photo challenges (within reason) now. The photos will start on Monday. Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment